Freedom of Speech & Right to Assemble

Freedom of Speech & Right to Assemble

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Writers Block Session 14 is tomorrow night

Who would have ever thought we would make it this far?

I know it hasn't been a whole year, but 2010 has given us quite a bit to be thankful for.

back in August, Clayton and I started sitting at what is now The Writers Block Spot every wednesday night after reading our poems at portfolio, and I still remember when we decided to "make it huge" I was sitting at my old job back when I was a carnival ride operator and I texted him...

"you know that thing we do on Wednesday nights, lets invite people, lets name it, lets make it huge"

and needless to say, we did

now that we're about to see 2011 and I will be relocating to San Francisco, I don't really think we have to worry about what will happen to TWB, not with all of the smashing support that the fine folks in Long Beach Have Shown us.

and now, maybe its sleep deprivation, or maybe its holiday cheer, but I'd like to name drop a little and thank a few people, the unsung heroes of TWB, the ones who we couldn't have done it without.

A special Thank you to:
(in no particular order)
Jon Zeilinski, Ryan Serrano, Arthur Hitchcock, Brandon Loberg, Kate Holub, Anthony Felix, Nic Burrose, Amber Brianne Bouman, and Alan Kaufman.

there are so many more people that I have to thank and so much thanks and praise that I owe, but you folks have been my support through this process, and I couldn't have done it without a team.

-apex

on a brighter note heres a song that I love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment