Freedom of Speech & Right to Assemble

Freedom of Speech & Right to Assemble

Monday, September 20, 2010

San Francisco's Best Kept Secret....untill now.



The Secret Secretaries are a fixture at the 16th and Mission reading series up in beautiful San Francisco, which as many of you may know is where I got my inspiration to start The Writers Block, they have a blog too and believe it or not its even better than ours... www.16thmission.com





But back to the point.  The Secret Secretaries, with their minimalist drumming, punk rock guitar, and ear piercing vocals have long been one of my very most favorite bands...and now they've gone and recorded themselves a full length album.  As a long distance fan, this is truly surreal to me.  I can't wait to get my copy and once you hear them, you won't be able to either.  Not to mention that the first 100 fans to get their grubby little paws on a copy will also get to experience the delights of a limited edition (signed?) chap book featuring lyrics and poems from band members Shyeanne Powers, Nic Burrose, and Stellar Cassidy.

"wow, thats an offer too good to pass up! where can I get a copy?"
                                             -anonymous fan

Well, unfortunately, they're not for sale yet, but that doesn't mean that you cant go over to The Secret Secretaries Reverb Nation page for a little sneak preview.  Oh, and while you're at it you might as well check them out on facebook and myspace.





Stay updated for the album release and buy yourself a copy...it's not like you'll regret it.

"I jumped forward in time to give this album a listen, my mind was fucking BLOWN"
                                          -anonymous time traveling fan



-apex

No comments:

Post a Comment